Saturday, May 30, 2015

Emily Griffin 5/30/15



Waking up at 4am was all but fun! However, the fun to come will sure be well worth it!  As I headed out this morning, I made sure everything was packed—especially the essentials: passport, i.d., and UofL student i.d.  Groggy eyed, I found myself at the airport.  I was the first one there and a little hesitant because I had only found out two short weeks ago that I was going on this trip! I had no idea who was coming, but luckily I knew two people!  As we waited to depart, we discussed where we are from and who we are.  It was apparent that we are all very different.  Some of us are older, younger, military, non-military, married, married with children, single, in a relationship, etc.  It was really neat to see a group of students connect so fast! It only makes me excited for the days to come!
We boarded our first plan to Newark a little late.  However, we still made it on time! The flight was very smooth and we reached our destination safely.  When we landed, we found seats in the food court and all went to find breakfast.  The airport is pretty large and pretty expensive.  We sat down and begin discussing the syllabus.  All of the events that are planned look very exciting and historical. 



We decided to have class time since we had such a long layover.  We discussed global leadership in depth.  We talked about how we see ourselves by taking somewhat of a self-reflection survey of who we are.  We looked at 17 different cultural dimensions and rated how we felt towards the phrases.  It was really neat to see how we are alike and different.  Professor Herd wanted us to dig deep into these dimensions and compare dimensions along the board.  I really enjoyed the discussion we had about how we would have to approach leadership globally. 


I am excited to see where the rest of this trip takes me and what cultural leadership dimensions I will learn along the way!

-Emily Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment